Monday, 25 June 2007

Beauty all around...


Here's a shot of the countryside just out the back of our house. We were on the way to horse riding so took some shots of the rice fields. This is a very beautiful time of year...the new bright green colours of new leaves and freshly planted rice fields are breathtaking sometimes. In a month this field will be so green you won't be able to see the water at all. Now is 'frog season'...when you pass these fields in the evening the sound of the ribbiting frogs is almost deafening! One of the reasons I love going to horse riding is the beautiful scenery we pass on the way to get there. It reminds me so much of the roads I used to drive out the back of Howick...before all those houses were built there! Minus the rice fields of course! I love the feeling of freedom driving past all that nature!

3 comments:

Erinn said...

Ummm, did you forget the pictures? I don't see anything!

Renee said...

They are there.....maybe it takes a while to show up..??

Erinn said...

We are so lucky to be living in this area, I love the countryside too, something about all the green...makes me feel not quite so cramped up.